There are a variety of ways to get involved with LMSG
. . . whether you are a Veteran or someone who has never served.
Become an Ammo Can Campaign Coordinator - Ensure your congregation has an LMSG Ammo Can, that it is out in May and November, and that donations are submitted to LMSG. Learn more about our Ammo Can campaign
LMSG Advocate - Engage with your local congregation about LMSG events, news, and initiatives. Stay tuned for more information
Veteran Recognition Ideas - LMSG provides a grant to WELS and ELS congregations and schools to supplement Veteran Recognition/Appreciation events. Learn more about our Grants & Scholarships
- Handmade thank you cards from grade school children sent to the Veterans in their congregation and family circle.
- Congregational Honor Wall made by Lutheran Pioneers or youth group
- Recognize Veterans in your congregation at least once a year on or near Veteran's Day.
- Participate in a local Stand Down event that provides Veterans in your community with food, clothing, and other resources.
Here are some other ideas:
- Regularly pray for our Troops.
- Submit contact information for Active Duty Service Members(s) at www.wels.net/refer.
- Request to be added to receive our monthly e-mails - email firstname.lastname@example.org