★ Congregational Liaisons are the local voice of the Lutheran Military Support Group (LMSG). Liaisons serve a vital role in the operations of the LMSG as the link to their individual congregations. The Liaison is responsible for the promotion of LMSG by organizing activities such as the annual Ammo Can donation at Memorial Day and Veterans Day. It is desired that the Liaison be a Veteran or a family member of a Veteran.
- Enthusiastic about communicating information of LMSG to their congregation.
- A desire to help the military active duty, veterans, and their families.
- Have a Servant’s Heart.
- Have communication and organizational skills.
- Be friendly and approachable.
- Enjoy communicating with others.
- Sharing information received from LMSG with their congregation.
- Making the congregation aware of the difficulties military service members and their families face every day.
- Identify projects and situations that may assist in providing God’s Word to deployed service members.
- Providing information and resources on Post Traumatic Syndrome (PTS) to share and study.
- Furnishing LMSG with a current census of all active duty personnel who are members of their congregation. Census Form.
- Assisting in annual Ammo Can Campaigns (Memorial Day and Veterans Day). Be the point of contact for the military member, veteran, or family member who needs help that LMSG may be able to provide.
Liaison ___________________________________________ Date _____________________
Church Pastor ____________________________________ Date _____________________
LMSG Liaison Officer _____________________________ Date _____________________
**(Please print page, sign and mail to: LMSG C/O Dwight Johnson, 6640 Northwind Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80918 OR scan and email to Dwight Johnson)
★Additional LMSG RESOURCES