Lutheran Military Support Group
2nd Annual Conference and Board Meeting
Hilton Garden Inn: (reservations $109 until Aug 7!!) www.hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com (507) 344-1111
Advisors, spouses and friends of LMSG are all welcome at all events however, the Tuesday afternoon board of directors meeting will be for voting directors and advisors only.
Monday, August 21, 2017 – Social
- 1700 (5:00 p.m.) 3rd floor of Hilton Garden Inn Downtown, 20 Civic Center Plaza, Mankato, MN
- “Grip & Grin” Social Hour — Hors d’oeuvres provided; cash bar
- Dinner on your own
Tuesday, August 22, 2017 – Conference and Board Meeting
- 0900 (9:00 a.m.) ELS Synod Headquarters/Bethany Lutheran Seminary,
- 6 Browns Court, Mankato, Minn.
- Welcome Aboard – President John Moldstad, ELS
- Opening Service in Seminary Chapel — Chaplain Larry Wentzlaff, preacher
- 0930 (9:30 a.m.) Synod Headquarters tour
- 1000 to 1030 (10:00-10:30 a.m.) Coffee Break Honsey Hall Board Room, Bethany Lutheran College campus
- 1030 (10:30 a.m.) – LMSG Conference Session #1
- Speaker – “Leveraging Modern Communications Technology” Matt Trotter, Chief Development Officer, Time of Grace www.timeofgrace.org
- 1115 (11:15 a.m.) – LMSG Conference Session #2
- Speaker – “Effective Communications Using Mobile Devices” Tom Kuster, Executive Director, Christ in Media Institute (CMI) www.blc.edu/christ-media-institute
- 1200 (Noon) – Lunch • Lunch (served in the board room) Lunch Speaker
- 1300 – 1600 (1:00 – 4:00 p.m.) LMSG Board Meeting (Opsahl to provide Board Meeting handout)
- LMSG Strategic Planning – Larry Wentzlaff, facilitator
- Board Meeting – Dr. Erhard/Erik Opsahl, President, LMSG (Colonel, U.S. Army, Retired)
- Voting directors and advisors only please
- 1630 (4:30 p.m.) – Closing Service at Trinity Chapel, BLC – led by Rev. Donald Moldstad
- 1800 (6:00 p.m.) – Optional on your own Hilton Garden Inn Downtown, Mankato, MN Optional dinner at Olive’s (hotel restaurant on first floor)
Thank you for your participation in supporting our military and their families.
Safe travels home and see you next year at our 3rd Annual LMSG Conference!