Every April the U.S. Military recognizes the children of our active-duty soldiers. This includes all branches of military services. Lutheran Military Support Group is suggesting a few ideas on how your congregations can recognize the military child during the month of April.
We encourage individuals to coordinate with your pastor and pick one or more Sundays in April to recognize the Children of these active-duty families.
- An announcement in your weekly bulletin or monthly newsletter
- A special treat following the service (Cookies/cupcake…)
- Mention their names after the service, ask them to stand to be recognized.
- Distribute a coloring sheet to your Sunday School to color and post on a bulletin board. Two downloadable coloring sheets—> (see below)
- Google Month of the Military Child for additional ideas/suggestions.