★ Congregational Liaisons are the local voice of the Lutheran Military Support Group (LMSG). Liaisons serve a vital role in the operations of the LMSG as the link between the Board of Directors and their individual congregations.
To date, there are congregational liaisons in more than 350 WELS/ELS churches. LMSG hopes to provide support, resources, and prayers for the active duty military, Reserves, National Guard, veterans, and their families in our congregations.
★ Liaisons assist LMSG to achieve their primary goals:
- Sharing information received from LMSG with their congregations.
- Keeping congregations informed of the difficulties military service members and their families face every day.
- Identify projects and situations that may assist in providing God’s Word to deployed service members.
- Providing information and resources on PTS to share and study.
- Furnishing LMSG with a current census of all active duty personnel who are members of your congregation. Census Form.
- Assisting in our annual Ammo Can Campaigns (Veterans Day and Memorial Day). Liaisons can request an Ammo Can for their congregation. Then set the Ammo can out for donations to help carry out our work of sharing the Gospel with military members, veterans, and their loved ones.
- Host “awareness events” or other activities in their congregations.
★ Registering with LMSG
- Individual Supporter, and/or Congregation.
- LMSG suggests an annual “participation fee” of $50 from each congregation if they are able.
- Congregational events are listed on our “Ideas From the Trenches” section. Consider submitting the events your congregation hosts.
- Publications to promote and publicize an event, LMSG Letterhead, and our brochure.